Saturday, August 8, 2009

July's Pieces

So, here are the 10 pieces I entered in the July shows at EBSQ.

The Liberty show:

Liberty from Responsibility


Sewn Flag



The Parades show:

Water and Earth Dragons


Red Dragon


Purple Asian Dragon



The "Ripped Off" show:

Nature's Cathedral

Ripping off:


Sugar Skull With Candy

Ripping off:


Sugar Skull With Roses

Ripping off:


Paper Cranes

Ripping off:


Couch Cats

Ripping off:



There were some fun "rips" of some of my pieces, too:


ripping off



ripping off



ripping off


(By the way, if you are one of my "Ripped Off" partners, I owe you a copy of the artwork. I'll get it out next week as soon as I have everyone's addresses)

First of all, let me express that I was stunned with my award last month for "Dead Man's Bells." I was astounded, honored and very, very surprised.

This month I entered 10 pieces, many of which were far, far dearer to me as an artist, and I wanted to share them with you. I was secretly rooting for Couch Cats to take home an award of some sort, and I find it strange and unsettling to find myself sometimes disappointed at not "winning" something. I mean, I had ten pieces that were viewed by a few thousand people, and that should, and usually does, thrill me.

Still, I think because I consider seven of those pieces some of my all-time best, I wish they'd been recognized. They did, however, face some impossibly stiff competition, and I think the winners deserved their awards, and I'm so happy to be part of a community where I can enter pieces in shows every month, and get them seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment