Monday, November 30, 2009

Art for sale

So, this month I sold a 16x20 print of my "Defiant Rose" piece, on stretched canvas and all hand-touched with acrylic paints. I've also joined the Nibblefest Art Contest (an ebay contest for artists in EBSQ), and today posted one of my paintings on ebay for the first time. I'm a seasoned ebay seller, but most of my art sales have been on recommendations from friends, not over the internet.

However, if you'd like to see the auctions I have up at this point, click here and it will take you to my current auctions. Here's the piece i just listed, an 11x14 with gold accents:

Branches:


Normally the art I do is for me, or for an EBSQ contest, or (now) for Nibblefest's art contest, but I sell very little because I don't have a client base and have not had a brick-and-mortar gallery show. I am thinking of creating a website to host art for sale, but am unsure whether or not it would receive enough traffic to make it worthwhile. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment