Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Carissa Martos, Award Winning Artist

Kind of has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

I entered a few pieces in the June EBSQ art shows, in the Macro Bug Photography and Flower of The Month categories.

The Macro bug pieces were good, I thought:





They weren't up to the beauty and detail of the winning pieces, however, and I was just glad that they got judged and seen.

The Flower of the Month chooses different flowers or plants for each month as their theme. For June it was Foxgloves, big pink bell-shaped flowers from the digitalis family. Gorgeous, but poisonous. Here was my entry:

And look here! A patron's choice award! According to the EBSQ.com FAQs, "Patron's choice winners are based on the net number of votes from non-artist registered users for an individual work of art, and is validated by the piece being within the top 10% of the peer voted selection."

I'm honored, let me tell you! I've never before won an award, especially for my art, and I'm pleased as I can be! I've entered a few pieces in July's shows as well, so come back and visit to here how those go.

Also, I'll be mailing out my first Giclee prints later this month, so you know I'll have photos of the signing of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment